Working with adults on the Autistic Spectrum is a 2-day course.
- An insight and awareness of the traits of people on the autistic spectrum
- Acknowledging the possible strengths and weaknesses of individuals on the autistic spectrum
- Strategies and realities of working with adults with autistic traits
Features and Learning Outcomes:
- Assessing and understanding the individual needs and difficulties
- Developing your own skills to work with those on the autistic spectrum
- Managing behaviours
- Assessments and providing individual treatment and support plans
- Developing skills and improve wellbeing of the individual
- Making the environment autistic friendly
- Case Studies
- This training is designed to provide education and understanding of working with adults on the autistic spectrum or with autistic traits.
- Nurses, Support Workers, Social Workers, Occupational Therapists
- Staff with no or limited knowledge of autism