Working with Personality Disorder is a 2-day course delivered by experienced Chartered Forensic Psychologists.
What do we actually do? Formulation and Consultation – A Schema Focused Approach
- Theory of personality and personality disorder.
- Working with PD
- Strategies for responding to people diagnosed with personality disorder.
- The need for a Psychological Informed Environment
- Formulation based approach. What is good formulation?
- Use schema informed formulation practice
- The 5 p’s
- The relevance of the schema approach with people with complex needs
- What is schema therapy? Early maladaptive schemas (EMS)
- Case studies
- Everything into practice
- Care plans
- Case consultation
Understanding and treatment interventions:
- Linking Care Plans to effective treatment outcome.
- Evidence-based practice.
What this course will do for you:
- Provide an understanding of personality disorder.
- It will equip you with crucial skills necessary to working with people with personality disorder,
- You will learn how to manage clients’ challenging behaviour
What you receive as a result of attending the course:
CPD event – All delegates receive a certificate confirming attendance